- "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the Dark Times...before the Empire"
- —Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi[src]
The Jedi were members of the Jedi Order who studied, served, and used the powers of the Force, specifically the light side, for the purpose of being the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. Jedi often fought against their mortal enemies, the Sith. The Jedi continued with this mandate until the fall of the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic, and the rise of the Galactic Empire.
- Alsakan Crisis
- Great Hutt Wars
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- Star Wars: The Tragedy
- Star Wars: Episode I - The Chosen One
- Star Wars: The Alderaan Affair